Saturday, November 24, 2012

Starting C-mas Cards

Today, the day After Black Friday, Arlene and I went shopping for a little while in the afternoon.  Caleb helped me pick out some C-mas cards to send out.  I rarely send out C-mas cards.  Actually getting a card to the mailbox seems like an unatainable task!  I decided I should probably send them out this year though.  Thus - I purchased some.


Caleb is counting my 'drying' cards.
 
It's not "Lane" it's "Spring"
I am posting this, b/c I am particularly pleased w/how it turned out.  While addressing an envelope to someone I rarely send snail mail to, I thought I 'knew' the last word of the address line was Lane - so that's what I wrote.  Then, I double-checked, and not only was the address not a "Lane" I should have written "Spring" where "Lane" was written on the envelope.  Oh dear!
I counted the envelopes, b/c sometimes you're given an extra or two.  Nope!  Not this company!  My search for white-out was unsuccessful, so there I was - staring at this envelope thinking - do I cross it out, or write over it?  Upon examining it further, I started thinking, "I think I turn that "L" into an "S" w/out any problem, and the "a" can definitely be turned into a "p", and if I add a tip to the "n" I think I could pull it off looking liking an "r" and the "e" shouldn't be a problem converting into an "i" - and then I can just add the ending!"
I decided to give it a whirl - and this is how it turned out!  :D  It's darker than the rest of the address - but it's better than something being crossed out.  :)  So if you're the one who receives "This" envelope, now you know, The Rest of the Story!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: