Thursday, January 07, 2016

Post-Budget Shopping

New Year -- New Goals. Some seem like repeats .. such as "Stick to a Budget". Dave Ramsey's "Every Dollar" has been helping me give each of my dollars a name so I don't spend what I don't have. Well, today I said, "No" to a pair of boots at checkout b/c I went over budget. Although I was willing to squeeze some things around to make it work, I had calculated incorrectly and the total was MUCH more than I was willing to spend. Not too long ago, I would have chalked it up to a "life-lesson" to calculate better Before getting to the check-out next time.

I tried several other shops, to no avail. The last shop I stopped at before 'giving up' brought something unexpected. I was walking to the door and heard what sounded like an air compressor hissing. I looked back and saw a car in the handicap space with its back tire going flat, literally, before my eyes. The store didn't have a PA system, and when I left the car was still there. So I wrote out a note that said I just wanted to bring this to their attention, and that I wanted them to be safe.

As I was driving home I wondered if someone had prayed for the handicap-driver to be safe today, and God used me searching high and low for a silly pair of boots to get me to that store so I could leave a note. Selfishly, I then prayed, "Lord, can I please find what I'm looking for now!" :P

Started searching online, and finally found what 'seems-to-be' the "perfect" pair. Again, it was a little over budget, but Definitely manageable; and I Have to add, the budget I set was INCREDIBLY low for a pair of boots!! I was just 'seeing if God would surprise me w/a miracle'. When I went to make the order, not only were the boots on sale, there was free shipping, and I remembered I had a gift card with an additional promotion code as well!! My out-of-pocket total was $7.10 LESS than the ridiculously low budget I had set!! God is SO good, all the time -- even in the little things.

And ps ~ Thank you Lord that I did not have a flat tire, but that you put me in the place to warn someone who did!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I always love when you share the "little things" with us... 1)because the "little things" really are the big things, and 2)because your little things are never short things (but they're always interesting)! :)