Saturday, December 01, 2012

Thinking of Dad

While out shopping the other day, Caleb picked out a card for his dad - all on his own.  Then a few days later, he was by my computer and saw the card, and said he wanted to write in it.  So I gave him full reign of my desk and let him do all his writing on his own.  Lincoln of course wanted to do the same, so we brought in a chair for him, and he picked out a picture from his coloring book.

 Missing Dad - Writing to say:  I Love You
Caleb and Dad's "old" blanket
This is a blanket Nathan was given for his birthday (I believe) Many years ago.  Arlene had just been discussing it with me a few nights ago when she laid it out for the boys to sit on like a picnic blanket.  After that time, I noticed Caleb wrap up in it a couple of times.  Today he had wrapped himself up in it when I put on a cowboy show for him to watch while I took care of Lincoln for a bit.  He looked so sweet laying there wrapped up in Dad's ol' blanket that I had to get my camera.  But he noticed as soon as I tried to take a picture - so then the 'shot' I had been looking to capture had passed - but I thought I should share these all the same.
Wrapping up in a blankie sometimes is the closest we can get to a hug from someone we love, but miss dearly.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: