Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pass the Kleenex

"Plans changed."  That should be what I say at the beginning of each day, b/c it seems that's what happens!  Canceled going to Old World Wisconsin due to Sandy's winds which are trickling over here.  Brrrr  Can't really complain though b/c we still have power and heat and what not.

Spent the day with Rebecca and the kids.  ♥  "Started" to work on a scrapbook page - but had to purchase tape refills.  *Shocking - I know*  Played Apples to Apples (for kids) and also "Qwirkle" and had a blast.  Even my mom got into it - it was Great!  Of course, during Qwirkle, you have to periodically call it out - but I can NEVER get it right.  I always yell out "Farkle" even though I've played Qwirkle at least a dozen times now.  oy!  It's hilarious b/c the kids catch it Every time!  I've also had a couple of other names pop out, but "surprisingly" they've slipped my mind presently.  I should just make a fancy card that says Qwirkle on it, and then hold it up anytime I'm suppose to say it!  :)  haha

To finish off our afternoon we watched, "The Shunning" which is a movie based on the novel by Beverly Lewis.  One thing I had a hard time looking past was the obvious makeup on the Amish women.  I've seen other movies where although the women have makeup on, it's subtle so you don't really notice.  Other than that, it was enjoyable.

As most girly movies go this one was a little emotional and tugged on your heartstrings.  At one point I looked at my mom and sister to see if they were crying, b/c it seemed like a tearful part of the movie.  I wasn't crying, but if They were I was totally going to point it out.  Little did I know, a couple of scenes later the movie would be drawing to a close and I would be Bawling!  I mean - crying like I had just lost my best friend in the world!  I finally sputtered out, "Ok - if you are Not crying right now - you have Got to be coldhearted!"  Which I guess was the permission my mom and sister needed to let it all out, b/c all of a sudden they both blubbered at the same time a sound of agreement.  And from then until after the credits were done more and more tears from all us girls.

My sister finally looked at me and was shocked at how red my face was.  I quickly shot back it was b/c I hadn't been breathing. I was trying to "keep it in" b/c I didn't think anyone else was crying!  It's the same with "Saving Sarah Cain" - the ending gets me every time!  I just bawl and bawl and bawl.  I've seen it several times and it has not gotten any better.  I'm thinking (for that movie) it's b/c it has to do with sisters.  Sometimes, even if what happens in a movie hasn't exactly happened to you, you're still able to relate due to similarities.  Or maybe I'm way off base, and I don't want to admit I'm one of "those" people who cry at Everything!  The one you can't take to a movie b/c they'll start disturbing the show and you just don't want to deal with that humiliation!

In the end, I said I was crying so hard b/c of the karma for initially going to make fun of my mom and sister!  Have I learned my lesson?  Yes!  Next time, I'm going to wait until the movie is Over before I start poking fun!  haha  ;)

No comments: